Sea days on board a cruise, you either love them or you hate them.
I hate sea days. I would rather be spending my time at another port. But I have not found a cruise that did not have at least one day at sea. Until I find that option, here is how we spent our time.
1. SLEEP LATE: After getting up early for the last four days, a sea day allowed us to sleep in. By the time we went to the breakfast buffet, it was so crowded we could not find a table, so we brought our food back to the room and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast on our deck.
2. SHOP: On sea days, the ship always have shopping specials. Perfect time to pick up that $10 tee shirt. Like I really need another tee shirt.
3. SCHEDULE DINNER AT A SPECIALTY RESTAURANT: This is the first cruise we have been on, where they offered a discount at a specialty restaurant on a sea day. We have not cruised in almost two years, so this might be something new. On this cruise, they offered 20% off at the Qsine Restaurant if you dined that evening. We had talked about maybe eating there, but never got around to actually making a reservation. When I read about it in the daily news letter, we decided to try it. When I went to make a reservation, they were booked for the time I wanted to dine. They offered me the same discount for the next night. If you only try one specialty restaurant on the cruise, this is worth the experience.
4. SPEND THE DAY BY THE POOL: If you are someone that enjoys the pool and the non-stop activities that are offered, then you will need to get up early to get a seat where the action will be happening. We enjoyed the adult’s only area at the Thalassotherapy Pool. We never had a problem finding a spot, no chair hogs at this pool.
5. FIND A COMFORTABLE LOCATION AND READ/SLEEP: One of the nice things Celebrity offered on the ship was a day bed and comfortable chairs to read/sleep or people watch. We found a place on deck 4 where we spent a couple of hours reading. It was very relaxing quiet location.
6. But our best moments on this cruise was spending time on our balcony.
With only one more port, before heading home to the cold weather, we savored the spectacular sunset.
How do you spend your day at sea?